A 16-Sleeper Houseboat Vaction from Shasta Marina. A $2700 value, plus a $500 gift card for
the Shasta Marina store and fuel donated by Umpqua Bank.
Weekend – 4 box seats, hotel, dinner plus many extras, (Value $1200) Courtesy of InterWest Insurance (*see below)
6 Month Membership
Shasta Family YMCA (A $461 Value!)
Recent Ducky Derby Grand Prizes
History of the Ducky Derby
In 1987, Werner Schwartz, then District Governor of Rotary District 5160, called a meeting of north state Rotarians to consider forming a not-for-profit corporation to raise money for a substance abuse program called Friday Night Live. There were an alarming number of deaths of teenagers following sporting events and parties on the weekends and the audio-visual program had demonstrated success in stopping that trend. The District had already formed a similar not-for-profit in Contra Costa County. The Rotary Clubs of Northern California Against Substance Abuse was formed in 1988 with Neal Sternberg as the founding president and 16 other Rotarians. Seventeen northern California Rotary Clubs were represented. In the first year money was raised to purchase all of the equipment for the Friday Night Live program by taxing the Clubs per member.
In searching for better ways to raise money to extend our influence to reduce substance abuse among our teens, Jim Salini saw an article about a Duck Race in Oregon and presented it as an idea to Neal as a way to raise money to meet our mission. After a year of working to convince key Board members that the idea could work if the Redding Rotary Clubs joined forces, the first Duck race was held and was a tremendous success.
The foundation itself is not a Rotary Club, it is a non-profit 501c3 corporation that was incorporated in 1988 for the sole purpose of providing dollars to substance abuse prevention programs for adolescents in the northern counties of Shasta, Tehama, Butte, Trinity, Glenn and Siskiyou.
*Giants Baseball Double-Couple Weekend for 4
in San Francisco during the 2017 Season!
(package valued at $1200)
This prize package includes:
- 4 tickets and parking pass to see the San Francisco Giants play in AT&T Park. Seats are in lower box section 122, seats #5, 6, 7, 8.
- 2 deluxe rooms for Saturday night at the InterContinental Hotel – in the vibrant South Market neighborhood of San Francisco.
- $200 VISA Gift Card to spend any way you want!
This prize package may not be redeemed for any cash value. Winner must be 21 years of age or older. Subject to the conditions and limitations set forth below.
1. Prize to be redeemable during the 2014 Giants Baseball season.
2. Game date will be determined among several choices offered by InterWest Insurance Services, Inc.
3. Any costs incurred over and above what is included in the prize package will be the express responsibility of the winner.
4. The winner will be required to sign a Liability Disclaimer.
5. Prize may be transferred to any person designated by Winner with the approval of InterWest Insurance Services, Inc. and subject to all terms and conditions.